Making Innovation work
Tenity is an independent global innovation ecosystem and early-stage investor with offices in Zurich, Singapore, Madrid, Istanbul and Tallinn.
Tenity is now entering a new growth phase - do you want to contribute to building a globally leading fintech innovation ecosystem and an early-stage investor by taking ownership and making a difference within the organisation?
Key Task & Responsibilities
- Evaluate incoming startup applications and conduct due diligence to assess their viability for investment.
- Manage the investment portfolio, making strategic decisions regarding follow-on investments, exits, and divestments.
- Monitor portfolio companies' financial health and performance and provide recommendations for necessary actions.
- Prepare and present regular reports on the investment portfolio’s performance to senior management and stakeholders.
- Maintain accurate records of interactions with startups, investment decisions, and program outcomes.
- Work closely with portfolio startups to understand their business models, strategies, and challenges.
- Provide mentorship and guidance to founders on various aspects of their business, including product development, marketing, sales, and operations.
- Conduct regular check-ins and milestone assessments to track progress and offer actionable feedback.
- Build and maintain relationships within the startup ecosystem, including with other incubators, accelerators, investors, and industry experts.
- Leverage your network to connect startups with relevant resources, mentors, investors and potential partners.
- Collaborate with the program management team to design and improve the Incubation program and resources for startups.
- At least 3 to 5 years of experience in management consulting, investment banking, private equity or venture capital at a reputable firm
- Excellent understanding of venture capital or private equity transactions and value chain
- Only candidates eligible to work lawfully without visa sponsorship will be considered for this position
- Genuine interest in and understanding of financial services and technology industries
- Entrepreneurial or management experience at a scaling venture-backed startup is a plus
What we value
- Goal-oriented individual displaying a high level of tenacity and drive for excellence.
- Self-starter willing to take on responsibilities that improve operational efficiency and deliverable quality.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to build mutually beneficial relationships with founders and external stakeholders.
- Entrepreneurial empathy and respect for early stage startup founders.
- Ability to grasp and filter new ideas quickly and must have demonstrated great interest in the latest technology trends.
Ability to manage multiple projects and execute processes while working with diverse and/or remote stakeholders.
What we offer
- A shared vision: We are a community-driven movement that believes the future of finance is shaped through collaboration. Making innovation work.
- Modern work culture: As a young and rapidly developing company, we allow employees to make decisions and help shape our success.
- Great people: Work with smart and dedicated people. Our team is diverse, collaborative, and tight-knit, with people from all walks of life.
- The best startups: Many Tenity Alumni are award-winning and raised substantial rounds from international investors. You will be working with them.
- A thriving ecosystem: You get to work with multiple international corporations and experts while expanding your network on any level.